How Do I?
Residents of Bellwood may obtain a library card in person at the Circulation Desk. Parents or legal guardians may apply for cards for their children under age 18.
To obtain or replace a card, you must provide the following information:
One (1) form of current ID to validate your identity and one (1) form of ID to establish your residency in Bellwood are required. Many different forms of identification may be acceptable and we consider a "current" bill to be within the last 3 months of application.
- Adult and Children's books, audiobooks, nonfiction DVDs, older DVDs and Blu-Rays, magazines and children's video games: 3 weeks
- New DVDs and Blu-Rays, WiFi Hotspots ($20 deposit required) and Museum passes - 7 days
- Downloadable books, music and movies - 21 days with MediaOnDemand, 7 days with Hoopla
- Downloadable magazines - Unlimited loan
The Bellwood Public Library has two rooms available for use by the public for meetings and one study room for individuals or small groups.
How to Reserve a Meeting Room:
- Read our Meeting Room Policy to learn what types of meetings can be held here.
- Print out our Meeting Room Meeting Room Application and Deposit Form
- Fill it out completely, including alternate dates in case your first choice is unavailable
- Turn in to the Bellwood Public Library Magazine Room with your $50.00 deposit
Freedom of Information Act Request (FOIA)
The Bellwood Public Library is committed to providing citizens and taxpayers access to public records under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act. Your request will be responded to within five (5) business days. FOIA Request Form