Job opportunities will be listed below when they are available.
This is a part-time support staff position in the Technical Services Department responsible for processing new library materials and providing coverage for the public computer area. Under the supervision of the Head of Adult Services.
Approximately 18 hours per week.
Sample summer schedule: Tuesdays 2:00-8:00, Wednesdays 10:00-2:00, Fridays 12:00-6:00 and 2 Saturdays a month, 12:00-4:00.
Salary: $10.50 her hour
- High school diploma or equivalent (willing to consider a high school student graduating in spring of 2018)
- Customer service experience vital
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with the public and staff
- Enthusiasm for serving adult patrons of all ages and educational attainment in a diverse community
- Ability to perform detail work in a public environment
- Familiarity with computers and mobile devices, Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to bend, lift, stoop and carry.
The Bellwood Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. The library accepts completed job applications at any time. Applications will be kept on file for six months.