Job Openings At Bellwood Public Library
YOUTH SERVICES LIBRARIAN
This is a full-time position in the Youth Services Department. The candidate we are seeking will have a “love of children and parents, and you must enjoy providing service to the community”. Professional duties include but are not limited to; planning and outreach programs and services, collection management, readers’ advisory services, provide reference service, assist patrons with online and electronic resources, monthly reports, and bibliographic instruction, will also assist with covering the Teen Room Service desk. Should be creative. Must have a strong work ethic and be willing to work alone or as a team. Supervises other staff.
Salary $35,000 - $40,000 DOQ
Professional duties include but are not limited to:
• Planning and implementing Youth programs and services
• Collection development (selection, maintenance and deselection) of Youth Service collection
• Plan and implement outreach programs
• Provide youth reference and reader’s advisory services
• Assists patrons with bibliographic instruction, on-line catalog, computers, and electronic resources
• Advising and assisting the Library Director and other department heads in addressing areas of concern that affect the Library and Department
• Supervise Department in the absence of the Department Manager
Must have a strong work ethic and be willing to work alone or as a team. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department heads, all levels of employees and community partners.
• MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited school
• One year library experience working with youth
• Flexible schedule- days, evenings, and Saturdays (Closed on Sundays)
• Access to transportation
Submit resume, 3 references and application to: Jacqueline Spratt, Library Director at email@example.com.